Friday, February 13, 2009

My Valentine

This was taken last May in Vail. We got
away for acouple of days because we knew 
it would be harder when Moriah came.


When we first started dating (14 years ago) I loved to refer to Andy as "my Andy." It seemed so romantic that we were going to belong to one another...that I would be his and he would be mine. At the time I never could have known how wonderful it would be to live each day loving "my Andy." This year especially I am so thankful for the one the Lord provided for me. It was a big year for us. I think we will always treasure the memory of our trip to China. It was such an exciting time...not only because we were going to get Moriah but also because China is the land of Andy's ancestery. It was so great to see him on the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. He was able to connect with his own heritage while experiencing Moriah's. 

Adding Moriah after life with three had become fairly comfortable has been a huge adjustment. Andy has had to sort through a lot of emotions as he parents a child who doesn't always respond to him with the warmth he would like to receive. He has had to deal with the added stress of Moriah's medical appointments and expenses. He has had to come home to a messy house and an impatient wife more often than I would like to admit.  How often has he had to reuse dirty socks or fish a half-dry undershirt out of the dryer because I didn't finish the laundry?  He has had to juggle a long commute and busy job with church commitments while also faithfully leading his family.  He gathers all of us for prayer and Bible reading almost every night.  He makes time to talk and play with the children when he would rather relax.  He listens to me when I don't really have anything important to say, but just want some adult conversation. He has done it all so faithfully and well. I admire and respect him more with each day that passes. I can only humbly thank the Lord for giving him to me.  I love you, Andy!

Jer.29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. To give you a hope and a future."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hurray for great hubbies! We don't deserve them, do we?

Cristy said...

Amy,

Thanks for visiting my blog! We are also fellow CCAI'ers! I'd be happy to tell you a little more about Gianna's upcoming surgery and we can compare notes on our precious girls!

gnc86@yahoo.com